Work somewhere awesome! Apply today to join our team of ROCKSTARS!
Appl Orchard Hospice is seeking a dynamic and compassionate LPN for the KC Metro area. The Licensed Practical Nurse will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
- Observes and documents the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient and family on an ongoing basis
- Consults with the Hospice Nurse regarding the patient’s status and symptom management at appropriate levels
- Delivers physical and psychological care as prescribed by the attending physician, as supervised by the Hospice Nurse
- Monitors and documents patient/family input and response to care
- Maintains continuity of patient care through ongoing communication with families and other health care professionals
- Participates in Interdisciplinary Team Meetings and all other meetings as assigned
- Maintains sufficient and appropriate home care supplies for adequate patient care management
- Collection of documentation and paperwork as requested by the Hospice Nurse.
- Assist the Hospice Nurse in the supervision of Hospice Aides, as well as contracted agency aides, at least every two weeks
- Participates in orientation of new hospice aides as assigned
Associate’s Degree in a related field preferred but not required
- Hold a Valid and current LPN license within the state of MO, and the ability to obtain KS state license within 90 days of hire
- 1 year of clinical experience
- Long Term Care/Home Care/Hospice experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work as part of an inter-disciplinary team